Possible reasons and solutions:
1. Immediate Action Required: You may have landed on a specific page where you need to take an action to continue using our product, such as clicking Cancel on that page.
2. Disable And Then Re-enable Our Extension.
- Click the Extensions icon located in the top right area of your browser's address bar.
- Click "Manage extensions" from the pop-up menu.
3. Update and Restart:
- Ensure our browser extension is up-to-date. Then, restart your computer and browser to see if this resolves the issue. Related instruction: How to update the AwesomeScreenshot extension to the latest version manually?
- Check if you're using the latest browser version. For example, in Chrome, click the three dots in the top right corner, select Help, and then select About Google Chrome to check for updates.
4. Reinstall Extension: If updating doesn't help, try removing the extension, reinstalling the latest version, and then restarting your computer and browser.
5. Extension Conflicts: If the issue persists, it might be caused by a conflict with another extension.
You may create a new browser profile such as a new Chrome profile and only install our extension. Click your profile icon from the top right corner, and then select Add.
Identify Conflicting Extensions: Restart your computer and reopen the browser to try again. If the issue disappears and later you find an extension that conflicts with ours, please let us know the name of that extension.
6. Record and Report:
If you're still experiencing problems, kindly send us screenshot(s) of the error message(s) for our investigation or please use the AwesomeScreenshot Desktop App for Windows or the AwesomeScreenshot Desktop App for Mac to record the issue. Highlight the problem with your mouse cursor and note the time it occurs. Please contact us to send the shareable link of the recording.
If the issue is about our extension, start by using our extension to record video(s) or capture screenshot(s), and then use our desktop app to record the entire process. If the issue is about our apps, start by using the app, and then use our extension to record the entire process.