We recommend using AwesomeScreenshot extension/AwesomeScreenshot add-on for recording, as it offers more comprehensive functionality compared to our website recorder. Our extension/add-on supports various recording modes, such as Desktop -> Entire Screen, Desktop -> Window, This Tab, and Custom (This Tab)/Selected Area.
If our extension/add-on is not functioning properly, please try the following steps to resolve the issue:
- Remove our extension/add-on.
- Install the AwesomeScreenshot extension latest version.
- Restart your computer.
- Reopen the browser and try again.
Our website recorder is usually used to record bugs/issues related to our extension/add-on. To record using our website recorder, please follow these steps:
1. Log in to our website and navigate to "New Item".
2. Choose "Record video".
- Select the Desktop/Screen option.
a) If you want to record your voice, ensure that the "Record Mic Sound" option is enabled.
b) If you want to embed/include your camera image, enable this option. Our website recorder allows you to embed/include your camera image/face only when you select the recording mode of Desktop -> Entire Screen. If you want to embed/include your camera image/face when using the recording mode of Browser Tab, please use our extension/add-on instead.
Related instruction: Why am I unable to embed my face/webcam image in a recording/video
c) Select the maximum resolution ratio by adjusting the "Max Resolution" setting.
d) Use the default countdown time or enter a new number.
- You can choose to record only your camera image/face by selecting the Camera Only option.
4. Choose what to share with www.awesomescreenshot.com. You can select Browser Tab, Window, or Entire Screen. If you want to record system audio/tab sound (e.g. sounds from webpages, voices from others in online meetings or classrooms, as well as program and app sounds), please enable the option of "Also share system audio" or "Also share tab audio".
1. Please do not close the tab or window until the recorded video is fully uploaded to our website/server. Closing the tab or window prematurely will result in incomplete uploading of the video data to our website/server.
2. If you are reporting an issue, we recommend choosing the Desktop -> Entire Screen recording mode to record the entire procedure.
3. When selecting the recording mode of Desktop -> Window, there is no option to enable "Share system audio" due to limitations imposed by browsers. Therefore, the system audio cannot be included in the recording.