To record your own voice, no matter which recording mode you choose using our extensions or Desktop Apps, ensure that the Microphone option in our product is enabled.
You can speak aloud to check if the indicator light turns green. If it does, it indicates that the microphone is functioning properly. If the indicator light does not turn green, it shows that the microphone is not working correctly. In such cases, please click the triangle next to the microphone icon to select another microphone source.
1. On Windows
2. On macOS
- For our extension/add-on available on Chrome, Edge, and other browsers that support Chrome extensions, if you choose the recording mode of Desktop-> Entire screen, please ensure that you have enabled the "Share system audio" option in order to record system audio which includes sounds from webpages, voices from others in online meetings or classrooms, as well as program and app sounds.
- If you select the recording mode of This Tab or Custom(This Tab), to record system audio, program sound, or voices from others in an online meeting, an online classroom, or a program, please make sure the Tab Sound is turned on.
- If you want to record a window with system audio, please use the Awesomescreenshot Windows Desktop App. If you select the recording mode of Desktop-> Window using our extensions/add-ons, there is no checkbox of "Share system audio" due to the limitation from browsers, so program sound or others' voices from the system audio cannot be included in a recording.
We recommend using the AwesomeScreenshot Desktop App for Mac to record the system audio/program sound and your voice. You can select any recording mode to easily capture audio.
- If you use AwesomeScreenshot's extensions for different browsers such as Chrome on Mac, to record video calls with others (other persons' audio) or the sound from the computer program, please select the recording mode of This Tab or Custom (This Tab) and make sure the Tab Sound is turned on.
- Currently, our extensions for different browsers cannot record system audio due to system limitations of browsers on Mac, so if you select the recording mode of Desktop, the system audio/program sound cannot be recorded unless the option of Microphone is turned on, but the sound quality may not be very good.
- If you plug in a wired earphone or headphone during the test process, you will need to close our extension/add-on and reopen it to test again.
- For our Firefox extension, due to the limitations from Firefox, it is not possible to select to share system audio, so the system audio cannot be recorded in a video. Please use Awesomescreenshot Desktop App for Windows or AwesomeScreenshot Desktop App for Mac to capture system audio.