A. If you want to record any selected area that is not restricted to a specific tab, please install the AwesomeScreenshot Desktop App for Windows or the Awesomescreenshot Desktop App for Mac.
B. To record a specific area within a tab, please select Custom (This Tab). Please follow the steps below.
1. Access the AwesomeScreenshot Extension/Add-on from the top right corner of your browser.
2. Select the Custom (This Tab) recording mode.
- If you want to include your voice in the recording, enable the Microphone option in our extension/add-on.
- If you want to record both the selected area and the webcam/camera, enable the Camera option in our extension/add-on.
- If you want to annotate or highlight a part during the recording, turn on the Control Bar.
- Choose your desired resolution option.
3. Click Start Recording.
4. If you choose to save the recording/video to the Cloud/Awesomescreenshot.com by default, you will need to sign in if you haven't already.
If you prefer to save the recording/video to Local/your computer, you won't be required to sign in.