Screenshot and screen recording made easy with Awesome app!
Now, let's make your first screenshot or screen recording. Please find Awesome app in your Launchpad, click to open it first.
Before starting recording or capturing screen
You are highly suggested to log in to Awesome Screenshot & Recorder so that all your recordings will be stored on the cloud storage. Thus, you can free up your local space, access to the videos anywhere and share your recordings instantly via a link. (If you don't sign in, all your recordings will be stored on your Mac.)
To sign in to Awesome Screenshot & Recorder, please:
- Click the "Sign in" button in the upper left corner of the main interface
- Choose to quickly sign in with your Google account, Apple account or with email.
How to start screen recording
- You can see the main interface of "Record" option as shown below
- You can decide what to record in your recording:
- Record screen only: You can choose to record full screen, a specific window or any custom size
- Record camera only: You can record only your camera
- Record screen with audio: You can record any screen with system audio or/and microphone sound
- Record screen with camera: You can record screen and the camera as an overlay on it at the same time
- Record screen with audio and camera: You can record any screen with system audio, microphone sound and camera
Please note that your Awesome app recording settings will automatically default to those you had set previously.
- If it is your first time to click "Turn on system audio", you will be asked to add an extension:
- You just click "Add now".
- And you just follow the installation steps to install the extension
Settings are provided where you can customize your recording options, and whether you'd like to show/hide your control bar
- Once you're done with your Recording Settings, just hit "Start Recording"
How to start screenshot capturing
- You can hit "Capture" on the main interface of Awesome app.
- You can choose to:
1. Capture full screen: Take a screenshot of the full screen
2. Capture delayed full screen: Take a screenshot of the full screen after up to 10 seconds
- You can also edit/annotate your screenshot right after it is made. Or import any of the images stored on your Mac and annotate it.